May is over. I feel like I’m finally getting my pandemic groove back. More words have been written. More projects have been started. And no, for those curious, I still do not leave my house.
I’ve been reading a TON. If you’re interested in seeing what books I’ve been reading and which ones I recommend, you can see my reading round up for May HERE. Fair warning, I’m reading romance right now. A lot of it so you won’t find any great Urban Fantasy recs on my round up but I’ll link some a the bottom of this post for you.
A few updates
- I pulled The Bastard Prince down from Pre-order. Why? Because I’ve realized having a book on pre-order gives me anxiety and sucks any motivation I have to write that book right out. So I removed it with the hopes that I’ll want to jump back in to it. At the moment, I am working on four projects and basically bouncing between them depending on where my writer brain wants to be.
1: Hunter Born. This is James’s book. If you’ve read the Blood & Magic series and want to know where James goes, what consequences Noah Thorn will face for his actions, and see if James will ever find love, then his book is for you. At this time it is planned as a duet (2 books) but that is subject to change as the story progresses. It is basically planned as two books at the moment because i have two titles in mind. Hunter Born, and Alpha Forged.
2. To Claim a Wolf. This is book 2 after Trouble with Wolves. There will be some cross over in this one with the Pacific Northwest Pack but not with the characters you’re probably expecting. There will also likely book a 3rd book in the series after this one. The plan is for it to be a trilogy.
3. The Bastard Prince. This is book 1 in the Night Fae Realm series. You’ll hear mention of some Fae characters from the Blood & Magic world (Alexander Drucano and his daughter—the water nymph Aria just loves babysitting) but the story does not center around them. This story is a bit of an enemies to … more type of book. It’s planned as a 3 book series. The Bastard Prince, The Captive Queen, and book 3 which is currently untitled.
4. Devil of Sun Valley High. This one is a big deviation from my norm. It’s a High School Bully Romance (contemporary romance with zero fantasy elements) and is more of a pet project. I got an idea and my brain didn’t want to let it go so I am running with it. I’ll share the cover and blurb for this book soon since it’s done but note it will likely be published under a different name to avoid any confusion between my fantasy and contemporary stuff. More details on that soon.
In Other News:
- I have canceled all appearances for this year due to COVID-19 so if you had hoped to see me at a signing, I apologize but I will not be at any of them this year.
- No, for those who have been emailing me about it, I do not have a book for Inarus on deck at the moment. I have vague ideas of one for Eric Delaney (don’t ask me why. I just do) but the 4 books above are my current priorities.
- For those missing Aria, I do have a novella in the works that will take place roughly six months after the end of Forged by Fire. If you’ve finished that book you know what it will probably be about. Most likely it will be offered as a freebie in my newsletter so be sure you’re signed up for that but again, the four books listed above are my top priorities right now.
- In case you missed the, Cursed by Fire and Kissed by Fire have a new look. The rest of the books in the series will be updated to match but only the ebook versions at this time. Like with the previous editions of the series as well as the cover for Trouble with Wolves, I designed this. If you’d like a behind the scenes look at how, let me know in the comments and I’ll do a post on that.
- I don’t have an exact ETA on audiobook releases. A lot is going on right now that is more or less encouraging me to be conservative and producing audiobooks is extremely expensive. That said. Soon. My hope is soon. I just don’t want to make any promises right now. At the moment the first 3 books are available. You can find them HERE and on Amazon. And the first 3 books in the series as a collection—Magic Born in Fire—was submitted to Audible for review in March and should go live any day. The review process use to take 14days but with Covid-19 everything is moving a lot slower.
- I have 2 giveaways right now. One on my facebook page and one in my group for 2 copies or Eleventh Grave in Moonlight by Darynda Jones if you’re interested in checking those out.
And that’s all I’ve really got. Right now not a whole lot is going on in my little bubble. I’m still self-isolating. I’m homeschooling 2 kiddos and trying to survive the 3rd one who still refuses to sleep through the night. I’ll leave you guys with a few UF book recommendations.
The MacKenzie Gray series by Karina Espinosa. Her heroine is snarky and lots of fun. If you like my books, you’re bound to also enjoy hers. I highly recommend her audio versions. Nicole Poole narrates these ones and does a fantastic job. The series is alos complete and available in Kindle Unlimited.
Annette Marie’s Guild Codex: Demonized series. These have more of a YA Urban Fantasy feel and they’re really good. I LOVE Zylas! The series is not complete yet but the first 3 books are out now and it is also available in Kindle Unlimited.
Kel Carpenter’s Grimm Brotherhood series. They’re witty and full of action. I think you’d enjoy them.
Den of Thieves by Shannon Mayer. Coming August 2020 but is is available for Pre-Order now.
Emerald Blaze by Ilona Andrews. This one is set to release in August as well and is also live for Pre-order. It’s book 5 in their Hidden Legacy series but I feel like it can also be considered a Book 2 in Catalina’s ARC.
NightSoul by McKenzie Hunter. This is book 3 in her Raven Cursed series. It’s set to release later this month and definitely worth checking out!
Hopefully you find something enjoyable to read. As always, I love you all. Thanks for supporting me and for being awesome people